Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blog Assignment 8

Dr. Richard Miller

After watching these videos, This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2, it is more apparent to me that the world is going digital. Just a decade ago, most everyone was writing with a pen and paper and had to make the effort to go somewhere to get information, usually a library. Now all of that is just one click away, whether it be typing something up for class or looking up important events online.

All subjects and news is are online for people to view. People can now see illustrated movies and slideshows that go along with what they are reading or researching. It amazes me how close someone can get to a subject while still being so far away. While your reading on the subject, you get to see actual footage and maybe even recreations of the event, without having to imagine it in your head.

Carly Pugh Blog Post 12

Carly sure does come as close to what Dr. Miller was saying as you could in her Blog Post #12. I would go as far as to say she nailed it directly on the head. She produces a video that goes along with what she talks about. It is always refreshing to have a little visual aid to what your are reading.

The Chipper Series and EDM310 for Dummies

The first thing I noticed about The Chipper Series is that Chipper and Dr. Strange only have one set of clothes in their closets. With all joking aside, I did see in this video a strong message about how the practices and procedures being implemented right now are the same that will be expected of us once we become independent in life and as we start our careers.

EDM for Dummies helps so everyone that yes this class can be tough. Everyone is going through the same thing as you, so you are not alone, but as long as you can take the time to sit and understand what is taking place, you should have no problems.

One idea I have for a video would be comparing the old style of learning to the new style being introduced to us in this class. It would show a little over emphasis of how boring the old way is compared to how exciting hands on learning with technology can be.The over emphasis would just help get the idea across, maybe going from one student falling to sleep the old way, then showing the new student jumping for joy with the new way.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

I still feel strong to my idea of the classroom should be integrated. I do not want a classroom that has nothing but the old style, nor do I want a classroom that is completely catered to the technological world. I want a comfortable blend of the two. Do I know what the best blend is right now? No, I do not think anyone does, at least not the perfect blend. I want there to be a perfect classroom smoothie, to where I can throw the old ways I know in with the new style so that as many people are happy with it as possible.

Scavenger Hunt 2.0

MakeBeliefsComix

Comic Strip

Animoto

Animoto is the video tool I found. To sum the whole tool up, it lets you have complete control of your video from backgrounds to effects and more. You can integrate your own music library and much more. Seems like a very fun tool to use.

Poll Everywhere

3 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Candace Buzbee. I completely agree with you that technology should be incorporated into the classroom! I feel that using technology is an amazing way for students to learn. I really enjoyed reading your blog post, the only thing that I would recommend is to re-read your posts before publishing them. This way you will not have any left out words or un-needed words. This is the only advice I have to give you, everything else was great!

    Sincerely,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joseph!
    Your blog post this week was good! When you made the point that classrooms should have both the old fashioned and new styles of learning, I completely agreed. I have been saying that in a lot of my posts as well, because I feel that they are both important and needed in classrooms. Keep up the good work!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. You appear to have missed the point of Dr. Miller's video. He was talking about the dramatic change in writing that is taking place - that it is changing from text based writing to multimedia based writing in which all forms of media are incorporated into the final product. he also discussed at length how research was now conducted and it could be immediately incorporated into "written" products.

    The two sentences you have about Carly's post are a perfect example of a Portable Paragraph. This paragraph says nothing. Your reader, unless he or she had read Carly's post, would know nothing about what Carly had done from what you have written.

    You miss (or skip a discussion of) all of the main points of the Chipper Series.

    How long has it been since you read Writing A Quality Blog Post? You must do so before writing your next blog post.

    Unsatisfactory.

    ReplyDelete